One of my favorite areas to decorate for Halloween is our front porch. (Stay tuned for more projects and pics of our haunted house.) We live in a neighborhood where almost all of the homes have a large covered front porch, which is perfect for Halloween decorating. Something that has been super fun to make for the stairs going up to my front door are Halloween lanterns that I have made using old glass containers that we had inside our home. I collected old fish bowls, round vases, mason jars, really any type of glass jar that could be painted. These are simple and fun to make.
What you will need:
- assortment of glass jars.
- eco friendly Low VOC spray paint.
- eco friendly paint for details.
- beeswax candles or rechargeable battery tea lights or solar powered tea lights.
What to do:
1. Spray the glass containers inside and outside.
2. Once dry, paint on the design or face that you would like.
3. Place a rechargeable or solar powered tea light inside.
4. Watch the delight on the faces of your neighbors as they walk by.
What do you think of my Halloween lanterns?