Last year was so busy that we weren’t able to sneak in our fall family trip – so I was definitely determined to make it happen this year. I love living in Florida, but since the mister and I both grew up out west, we start to crave fall weather and the changing colors – and as you may know, Florida doesn’t get fall weather! So, getting away to see the leaves changing colors, hiking in the early cool mornings, sipping hot cocoa and visiting the local farmer’s market and pumpkin patch makes us very happy. Plus, any excuse to get away for an extended vacation to enjoy my family in the mountains works for me. Sign me up!
Here are my top 10 favorite activities that we have planned for our fall family trip:
- Staying at our favorite cabin getaway (it’s on the river, has a fire pit and hot tub!)
- Bouldering at Hebron Rock Colony
- New River pumpkin patch and corn maze
- Boone Farmer’s Market
- Banner Elk Winery
- Smores on the fire pit
- Caramel apples
- Shopping for stocking stuffers in Bowling Rock
- Mast General Store in Valle Crucis
Do you have a fall family tradition that you look forward to? I would love to hear – leave a comment below!