Eben and I are a little obsessed with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It’s only September 9th and we have already baked a huge batch. They are delicious. We have been baking these together since he was a toddler and now that he is a teenager, we have the recipe memorized. They make our house spell like pumpkin heaven. You should definitely make a batch – here is the recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups organic flour
- 1 tsp organic baking powder
- 1 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic butter
- 1 1/2 cups organic sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 1 cup organic pumpkin
- 2 cups organic chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips
1. Combine organic whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl and mix together.
2. Add butter and sugar in a stand mixer, mix well. Add vanilla, egg and pumpkin and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well on medium speed. Add organic chocolate chips and stir together.
3. Bake in traditional oven at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
4. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and enjoy.
What is your favorite fall cookie?