As soon as September arrives, I always start dreaming of a fall family trip to North Carolina.
I love living in Florida, but since the mister and I both grew up out west, we start to crave fall weather and the changing colors! Getting away to see the leaves changing colors, hiking in the early cool mornings, sipping hot cocoa, and visiting the local farmer’s market and pumpkin patch makes us very happy. We’ve been doing it every fall for 20 years!
We made a goal to buy a house in North Carolina by our 20th wedding anniversary! Well, Clementine Cabin is almost finished and we’re sharing it with you as one of the best vacation rentals in Banner Elk, North Carolina! Yes, you can rent our vacation home! Hooray!
So, if you’re looking for a little fall getaway, check out our mountain house and rent it yourself!
Either way, here are my top 10 favorite activities that I’ve been dreaming about for a fall family trip. We’re sneaking away to North Carolina in the next several weeks:
- Staying at our favorite getaway (Clementine Cabin!)
- Wrapped up in a blanket sipping cocoa on the porch (listening to the creek!)
- Bouldering at Hebron Rock Colony
- New River pumpkin patch and corn maze
- Boone Farmer’s Market
- Sitting by the river at Banner Elk Winery
- Stopping to shop and antique in quaint little shops (they are everywhere!)
- Smores on the fire pit
- Caramel apples at Kilwin’s in Blowing Rock
- Grabbing a pretzel at Lost Province Brewing Co.
- Shopping for stocking stuffers in Blowing Rock
- Mast General Store in Valle Crucis
- Apple Picking at The Historic Orchard at Altapass
- Dinner on the patio at Over Yonder
- Hiking, Hiking, Hiking
- The fall colors! Need I say more!
- A picnic on the grass by the New River
- Grabbing a Dutch Creek icecream
- Music in the Park at Valle Crucis
- Spending time with the boys
Do you have a fall family tradition that you look forward to? I would love to hear – leave a comment below!