Hello, Friends! Happy Saturday! How was your week? It has been really chilly here in Florida -which has been very nice! We have been able to turn our air conditioning completely off and even sleep with the windows open. It’s amazing – we are actually getting a mini autumn season.
Today, we are going to take the mister’s 97 year old grandfather out to lunch. Isn’t it amazing how some people can just keep going and going. He has literally outlived all of his friends and family from his generation – he is the last one. This seems wonderful and sad at the same time. I don’t think that I would want to be the “last one standing”. You? Although, to me it seems painful that he has outlived his siblings and even his wife – he is always in good spirits. Last year he broke his hip and we were really worried it would be the beginning of the end for him, yet he is back up and walking around and ready to play cards at a moment’s notice! He is truly amazing and the sweetest man you will ever meet!
Tomorrow, we are going to visit Kai Kai farm to pick up our CSA box. Usually we pick it up from the farmer’s market, however I have been dying to check out the farm in person, so I am really excited. I can’t wait for strawberry season – we have about a month to go!
While Eben and I get things going for the day, here are a few green things I though you might enjoy:
– Did you miss it! Washington County Bans GMO Cultivation. Fantastic!
– What do you think of this proposed elaborate lattice to protect Manhattan from rising sea levels?
– A great giveaway that includes a scarf from prAna – my favorite for yoga clothing company!
– Great tips on rethinking storm preparation!
– I am a huge fan of tiny or vintage cars – which is your favorite?
– Did you add your 3 secrets boards to Pinterest this week? What are you using them for?
I hope you have a lovely November weekend! I can’t wait to see you next week – I have some special surprises for you!